Join Our Team
We are a unique and fun pet care company in SW Austin and expanding our business!We are seeking professional contract pet sitters and mid-day dog walkers who live in or around southwest and downtown Austin to care for dogs, cats, birds, rabbits and the occasional fish in the pet’s homes while their pet parents are away. This is a rewarding and flexible contract opportunity where your clients are always happy to see you!
You’ll want to have the following traits, qualities, and experience:
- You are an experienced pet caregiver who demonstrates a true love and compassion for animals. Do you have any of the following experience? Have you administered medications or worked as a vet tech or assistant? Do you have training in pet first aid or dog behavior and/or handling? Have you ever worked as a volunteer for a humane society or animal-related non-profit? Please let us know any and all experience you possess in your cover letter.
- You are available seven days a week, including Thanksgiving and Christmas day, to care for pets. Most of our pet care visits are scheduled between 6:30 – 9 am and 5:00 – 8:30 pm, but may also occur mid-day and or late afternoon. A majority of visits occur on the weekend. You’ll want to have a flexible personal schedule, as frequency and times of visits vary. This doesn’t mean that you have to work ALL the time – as a 1099 contractor, you decide when to take a break and when to schedule yourself. It just means that most of our business is during these times, so the more you are available, the more you’ll be considered.
- You naturally build relationships and trust with people. After all, we’re not just in the pet care business; we’re in the human business too!
- You are able to pass a criminal background check and provide three professional references.
- You own a reliable car, a smart phone (with texting and camera capabilities), Internet access, and ability to print out client info and schedules as necessary.
- You are comfortable driving and navigating SW Austin. Expect to drive within 10 or less miles of your home for pet care visits.
- You’ll want to live in SW Austin to be considered. As a contractor, you are responsible for your work supplies and gas.
Are you compelled and qualified? Do you LOVE animals? Do you need the moolah? If so, we’d love to hear from you! Please respond by emailing a resume and cover letter to email@example.com apply using the form below.